The ASCAMSO platform is organized along the structured purchase process. This shall help buyers and providers to reduce their transaction costs in identifying the most suitable partner for their particular demand respectively solution.
The ASCAMSO platform provides benchmarking tools, that allow even unexperienced IT users to benchmark the quality of an Infrastructure as a Service offerings with a few clicks:
- Benchmarks designed for IaaS performance measuring (CPU, I/O, network)
- Timeseries of measures
- Automated calculation of expectation values
- Comparison with original processor types
- Real capacity metering
ASCAMSO Benchmarks have been designed to be used for continuous monitoring. This allows to check available capacity even during operations. Therefore the tool is most suitable to
- capture capacity workloads in real systems
- advanced capacity and load parameters evaluation
- determine exact workload requirements
- monitor individual SLA parameters
- get alarmed and receive auto documented exception reports
In general Assessment results allow a matching between demand and potential supplies. Unfortunately the cloud service market shows some characteristics of a lemon market as service performance is not really transparent.
To overcome this obstacle and open up more efficient opportunities for providers and consumers ASCAMSO addresses this phenomenon by providing insight to quality (rating) and pricing (Open Tariff Model – OTM).
The goal of our rating is to reduce the complexity of purchase decisions and freeing buyer’s mind to re-focus on business. The detailed and open rating criteria catalogue simplifies decision complexity using a scale of 0 to 5 blades in 20 levels. Benefits from this approach will be:
- solid and comparable opinions on service and provider quality
- detailed provider profiles
- detailed service profiles
Based on the ratings a buyer may clear define the priorities and weights of his purchase decision, which reduces the amount of available vendors to certain amount.
Finally the solution needs to fit to the budget. To allow price comparison in a world of hidden costs and complex pricing models ASCAMSO developed the Unified Tariff Model (UTM), which provides a standard data model for cloud service tariffs. The supporting API can help providers to publish their pricing information and serves cloud buyers as an information hub. Combined with the quality information from our benchmarking solution, the ASCAMSO platform can support purchase decisions with
- pure price comparison – to compare simple hourly rates
- quality price comparison – to compare cost of particular workloads
- effective price comparison – to compare complete datacenter setups
Alltogether the ASCAMSO platform supports the complete purchase process for cloud services throughout the main steps DISCOVER, ASSESS, MATCH and COMPARE. Besides this the ASCAMSO team supports its customers with:
- identifying required skills to establish a Cloud-enabled organization
- take responsibility – on interim or partner base – for purchase decision support,
- provider selection and integration
- contracting and contract management as well as surveillance
- capacity management and optimization
To allow a smoother selection of providers we have set up a CONNECT solution that enables our customers to connect through one hub into many clouds. Maintaining your configurations of selected systems in the hub, they can be deployed on every connected cloud or even your on-premise solution. If you feel more comfortable with it, even using private networks.
Contact us for more details.
When using on-demand resources every minute the cashier rings. So it is good to keep an eye on the amount of running machines. Whether you are using our CONNECT solution or you are using just our Satellites to monitor what is running where. Using our MONITOR you always will know what runs where and whether all performance KPIs are in line with you expectations.
Give it a try!
Our Analysts will help you to identify further savings potentials. Whether it is cross regional sourcing, switching instance types or optimizing workloads. Feel invitede to contact our analysts for more ideas on how to reduce your cloud expenses!
Contact us for more ideas.